Who this is for: You might have heard it said that to live a fulfilled Christian life you need three relationships in your life. A Paul, Timothy and a Barnabas. Your “Paul” is the mentor who pours his life and wisdom into your life, while your “Timothy” receives the same blessing from you. Your Barnabas are those people you do life with…that encourage and challenge you in your daily walk. Our purpose is to make the Man Trip a place for Paul and Timothy relationships to flourish. Our mission is to create an atmosphere for discipleship making as well as encouraging others in their faith. If you have sons, you are their Paul and they are your most important Timothys. Your goal for them is to progress so that in early honorable manhood, they will become a Barnabas to you as they become Paul to others and someday to your grandchildren. If you are a Paul consider bringing a Timothy in your life. If you are a Timothy consider bring a Paul in your life. God works through each of the relationships in our lives. He uses a Paul to guide us. He uses a Timothy to help us mature. In response, we should always be learning, teaching and loving.
What we do: We will spend 4 days (Jan 18th-21st) on Rocker U Ranch located on the Devil’s River. Our program is simple: Do-what-you-want- fishing, hiking, camping, shooting, caving, canoeing, praying, solitude, mountain lion slaying. We do ask that you be present for all meals and devotions (usually around the campfire).
- Cost: $115 per person Please make checks payable to Clover Carroll
- Dates: January 18th-21st 2018 leaving Thursday 6:30 am/returning Sunday evening (approx
- Age Limit: 13 and up.
- Transportation: We will need several people to drive their vehicles. I will be taking my van which
will hold 6 comfortably (8 not so much). We will meet at the BBC parking lot at 2804 Gun and Rod
Rd, Brenham, TX 77833 my cell 512-422-3158 . WE WILL BE LEAVING AT 6:30 AM. It is a 6
hour trip. We will be eating along the way for a few meals. Bring money for these meals.
- Lodging: We will be staying at the fishing cabin at the Rocker U ranch. The cabin will sleep
approximately 6 people (8 people not so much). We let the older wiser men take first choice in the
cabin. There are several areas to pitch a tent outside. The cabin has a shower, running water and
electricity. The cabin is approx 100 yards from the Devil’s River.
- Activities: The format of this trip is: Do-what-you-want- fishing, hiking, camping, shooting, caving,
canoeing, praying, solitude, mountain lion slaying. We ask that you be present for all meals and
- Meals: will be provided. We will take turns preparing meals and cleaning up. We need 2 crews
(prep and clean up) for every meal except lunch. You will make your own lunch
(sandwiches) to take with you during the day. Breakfast and Dinner will be prepared as a group Friday
through Sunday morning. All other meals are your responsibility. We will provide trail snacks and
drinks. Please be considerate of the other men and take only what you will use.
- Weather could be quite pleasant, could be cold, could be snowing, or some combination. That’s
part of the adventure. The 30-degree or colder backpacking sleeping bag advisable. I’d also
highly recommend a good sleeping pad, but let personal preference be your guide.
- Participation: Everyone will be expected to volunteer with meals and clean up.
- Weapons: You are welcome to bring your weapons. There will be several hunting/shooting
opportunities. Dougal Cameron will give us the intel on this. His word is final. You must be 18 or
older to shoot unless accompanied by an adult. All guns will be unloaded while at the cabin.
Please help us have a safe trip.
- Always treat a gun as if it is loaded!
- Don’t aim your gun at anything you don’t intend to shoot!
- Always be aware of your target and what is beyond your target
Items you may want to bring:
- Radio- Many of us have the BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio shortwave radio. This powerful little radio runs about $25 on Amazon and allows for communications throughout most of the ranch.
- 2- or 3-man tent with rainfly
- Chosen tent-mate (email me if you don’t have one)
- Folding Camp chair
- 30-degree sleeping bag or better
- Sleeping pad
- Ground cloth or tarp
- Hiking boots
- Short socks
- Long socks
- Pants, warm ones
- Long shorts, one pair
- Underwear, Long underwear
- Wide-brim hat OR baseball cap
- Knit cap
- Bathing suit
- Windbreaker/waterproof or -resistant shell
- Thermal long-sleeve shirt
- 2-3 t-shirts, moisture-wicking
- Water bottles
- Headlamp OR flashlight
- Bath towel(s)
- Chap stick/lip balm w/ sunscreen
- Toiletry kit
- Photo identification
- Hunting License
- Any survival gear you got for Christmas
- Notebook, pencil
- Book for the ride
- Pocket knife
- Favorite car snack(s)
Stuff we will provide
- Meals & energy food
- Full camp kitchen set-up
- Drinking water
- First aid kit
- Assorted plastic bags for various uses
- Toilet paper
- Paper Towels
- Trash Bags