Stepping into Controversy Seminar
You’re at your favorite coffee shop. Everything about the place is great, although the tables are a bit too close together, which makes it difficult to avoid eavesdropping. Reading tends to zone you out from others’ conversations, but not today. You tune in to an exchange between an ardent Trump supporter and one who gladly voted for Hillary Clinton, but it isn’t their various arguments that intrigue you. Rather, it’s the evident respect each person has for the other – even while articulating their significant disagreements.
Why is this kind of exchange so rare and refreshing… even in your local church?
Join us on Saturday, December 14th from 6-8 pm for a special one-night seminar taught by Dave Moore! Here’s a preview of what he’ll be teaching:
- Taking an honest inventory of our own failure to be prepared and interact with grace.
- The need to slow down and pay more careful attention to the definition of words.
- Diagnosing how much of an echo chamber we live in.
- The need to read and listen to those who make us angry… and to pay close attention to what our “opponents” can teach us.
- Why the focus must be on our own challenges rather than being frustrated with those we disagree with.